Follow the journey of a woman quitting zoloft cold turkey.

Disclaimer

I am a writer and quitting zoloft my own way while sharing the journey with you, dear readers. In no way am I suggesting that anyone reading this blog decide to quit zoloft without a doctor's advice & supervision. Please see your doctor first. Ask them for advice. I am not a doctor, nor am I in any position to offer you anonymous readers advice. But I can share my story and that's what I choose to do. So please read on & share your thoughts in the comments section.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 2 of Quitting Zoloft

I had the most incredible & vivid dream last night that must have lasted hours. I kept waking up, thinking about the dream and then falling asleep again only to carry on with the same dream. It was very similar to being on anti-malaria pills when you travel to South America. Intense is not a strong enough word to describe the dream.

I am also experiencing severe head aches - those haven't changed in the past couple of days since I quit taking zoloft. I had anticipated this but didn't quite know how bad they would be. Thank God for ibuprofin, water, Omega 3's and exercise. Tony Robbins is still talking up a storm on my iPod and helping me to stay focused & positive in this journey to beat depression & PMDD.

One thing that is amazing is my change in mood. I'm finding humour in every day activities again, and joy in playing with my niece & nephew. I gather I've been a bit of a grump lately so it's refreshing to know that the clouds of antidepressants are lifting. I am happy, healthy & doing pretty damn well I think. My family is worried I'll crash, but so far so good.

I am starting to feel like myself again. I didn't even know I had changed so much on zoloft, but now that I can see a bit clearer it feels amazing. Has anyone else out there gone through this? I'd really like to hear from people who have quit zoloft & what changes they noticed as well. Please share your thoughts below. Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Day 2 and things will get earlier. Good plan to quit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any anti-depressant is not okay to just prescribe, and even if so, it should be scripted at very very very low doses. Anti-depressants messes with serotonin, and you obtain serotonin through what you eat. So change is bound to happen. Scary stuff to just be putting in your body. And your mood changes very rapidly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on zoloft for about 9 months. Started with 25mg, ended with 50mg. I've been off zoloft for 9 days now. The first 5-6 days came with pretty bad withdrawal s/s--anxiety, slightly bigger pupils than normal, & restlessness. In addition, I'm trying to quit smoking. Not a wise choice to quit cold turkey for either! especially if u have low tolerance to stress--and withdrawal symptoms can cause stress for sure. See your doc first, and try to find other productive ways to MANAGE what the underlying problem is. I know that some individuals require medications for safety reasons. But to the average person, one can't just blame the stress and anxiety. There's a reason, whatever it may be. This goes for any mood stabilizer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been taking Zoloft for about 5 yrs. now and decided to quit cold turkey because i was just tired all the time.i have quit for 2 wks now i am real emotional but hey i missed having a good cry it is good for the soul. i did not want to have to be dependant on this drug. so who ever decides to quit goood luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would hate to think that we cant regulate our emotions normally without a pill. To be addicted to being stable through a pill for year.. that would make me crazy!

    ReplyDelete